ADSM-L

Oracle agent on NT4/Oracle 7.x

1998-09-25 04:45:41
Subject: Oracle agent on NT4/Oracle 7.x
From: Henning Pedersen <pedershk AT NO.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 08:45:41 +0000
Hi ppl...

Quickie - I'm installing the ADSM Connect agent on an NT server running Oracle
7.x server. If I've understood the FAQ for the Agent correctly, this will
function as an API-extenstion to the Oracle backup agent, tricking the Oracle
Backup software to think that the ADSM server is a tape drive. Correct? Also -
has anybody had any experience at all with this product - how it performs and
how to do restores as safely as possible?

We are using Oracle for a very critical Sales Automation product (SuperOffice).
I work for IBM - but sadly, SuperOffice does not support DB2 at this time...  :(

Regards,
Henning Kilset Pedersen
IBM Global Services/Managed Operations IBM Account
Phone : +47-66815776      email : pedershk AT no.ibm DOT com