ADSM-L

ADSM SQL Query of active backups on a vol...

1998-09-25 01:18:13
Subject: ADSM SQL Query of active backups on a vol...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:18:13 -0500
     It seems like there was a question along these lines a little while
     back but I HAVE NOT slept since then (actually I think my body has
     forgotten how to go to sleep!)

     And DANG, I've written DB's that were subsets of SQL... if only I
     could remember how I set the lexical analyzer to parse the SQL
     commands (sigh)

     but in looking at the adsm.blahtable defs I'm guessing I'll have to do
     something along the lines of:

select * from adsm.backups where state='active' and
   node_name=(select node_name from adsm.contents where volume_name='abc123')
and filespace_name=(select filespace_name from adsm.contents where
volume_name='abc123')

or something like that...

If I get this to work prior to any SQL folks straight'n me out I'll post the
command I get to work....

there is a first for everything.... over 3-ish years this is the first time a
tape required for a restore ain't around.... but I'm in Tulsa, Ok and I'm
dealing with a Houston Tx adsm server so I have to wait for someone with access
shows up in Houston tomorrow...

later,
     Dwight