ADSM-L

Re: no Scratch!

1998-09-24 12:28:23
Subject: Re: no Scratch!
From: Ken Chamberlain <ken.chamberlain AT UTORONTO DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:28:23 -0400
How do you figure that?  At the time of my original mailing I counted 28
tapes (the "q v stg=prodcopy" piped to "grep R0", my volume labels all
contain R0, piped to "wc" in my original mail), but the maxscratch on the
storage pool is 35 (the "q stg prodcopy f=d" piped to "grep Scratch" so only
the maxscratch line is displayed).  Last time I checked 35-28 is 7!  What
about the ADSM database that also fails for no scratch?

More explanation is needed!!  Does ADSM use fuzzy arithmetic?  Should I be
setting maxscratch to 300?!