ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 3.1.05 on HP-Unix

1998-09-24 07:55:12
Subject: Re: ADSM 3.1.05 on HP-Unix
From: Mark Dyer <mark.dyer AT FLE.GMPT.GMEDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:55:12 -0400
Kerssen, Larry wrote:

> I installed the ADSM client on an HP-Unix server.  Sorry, I do not
> know the software maintenance level, but it is a new install so I
> believe it is fairly current.  I added the DSMC SCHED command to the
> inittab as documented in the install manual.  I can manually startup
> the ADSM scheduler.  However, when I boot the Unix system, the ADSM
> scheduler does not start from the inittab.   Anyone have any
> suggestions for me?
>
> Thanks in advance for you ideas.
We are running HP-UX 9.X and HP-UX 10.20.  We have ADSM client versions
2.1.0.6 and 3.1.0.5.  In all cases, the following line is used to keep
the ADSM scheduler up and running:

adsm:234:respawn:/usr/adsm/dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1 #ADSM scheduler

This is one of the last lines in the inittab.

HTH
--
Mark Dyer
Mark Dyer