ADSM-L

Backuping DB2 ends with SQL2062N error

1998-09-24 05:13:10
Subject: Backuping DB2 ends with SQL2062N error
From: Krzysztof Murkowski <Krzysztof.Murkowski AT VOLKSWAGEN DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:13:10 +0200
Hello,

I'm using ADSM 3.x to backup DB2 2.x holding SAP R/3 30F data.
This is AIX 4.1.4 / RS 6000 platform.
Sometimes (not regulary, estimated every third time) the backup
is unsuccessfull and ends just after start with following message in the
logs:

SQL2062N  An error occurred while accessing media
"/db2/VW1/sqllib/adsm/libadsm.a".  Reason code: "406".
DB2admin: Backup failed. Error Code 4

The backup (offline) is scheduled via cron with following script:

su - SIDadm -c "stopsap"
su - db2SID -c "brdb6bu.ksh ADSM 'VW1'"
su - SIDadm -c "startsap"

The acction log doesn't show the moment of the connection of the client,
so I think it didn't reached this state and the problem is at the client
side.

The help sugest that maybe not all of the database resources or
applications are stoped in time of starting offline backup.
Do you have any experience with this situation ?

Any help greatfully appreciated,
KM

--
Krzysztof Murkowski
Krzysztof Murkowski

mailto:Krzysztof.Murkowski AT volkswagen DOT de