ADSM-L

QUERY SYSTEM

2015-10-04 17:53:22
Subject: QUERY SYSTEM
From: Phil Chissell [SMTP:phil.chissell AT NATPOWER DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
ADSM V3 Server and clients on NT 4.0 SP3

We are trying to schedule an admin. job to run "query system" and put
the output into a file.

When logged in using the ADSM admin command line utility, issuing a
"query system > d:\adsm_v3\system.cfg" works ok but when running it as a
schedule, all the output just appears in the activity log and not in the
specified output file.

I know I could get this to work by scheduling an NT batch job which runs
the admin command line and piping all the output to a file but this
seems to be a bit of an overkill if it can be done via an ADSM admin.
schedule.

Does anybody know a way of doing this?

Regards

Phil

Phil Chissell
National Power plc
Windmill Hill Business Park
Whitehill Way
Swindon
Wilts. SN5 6PB
UK

Tel:  +44 (0)1793 894237
Fax: +44 (0)1793 894230
MailTo:Phil.Chissell AT natpower DOT com