ADSM-L

Re: When is that next backup?

1998-09-23 15:11:19
Subject: Re: When is that next backup?
From: "Jackson, Sandye" <Sandye.Jackson AT LATIMES DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:11:19 -0700
Wayne,

You determine how often the backup should be run depending on your client's
needs.  We run daily backups on most of our clients, but you can also do
them weekly and monthly.  It depends on how you set up each client's
schedule.

>        1: The backup completes, then the scheduler is stopped and than
> restarted.

        The backup should run at its next scheduled event time.

>      2: The backup is running and the client is recycled, scheduler is
> restarted?

        The only time this happened to me, ADSM kept trying during its
window of opportunity but we couldn't get the client back up in time and had
to rerun a backup later.  So I assume if the client isn't down too long ADSM
will continue the scheduled backup.

>        3: The backup has not started yet, the scheduler is stopped and
> than
> restarted?

        The backup should run at its scheduled event time.

Sandye J. Jackson