ADSM-L

Re: dsm.opt and dsm.sys options ....

1998-09-23 08:20:51
Subject: Re: dsm.opt and dsm.sys options ....
From: Steven McNicholas <ste_mc AT ZDNETMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 05:20:51 -0700
 I list the whole path name in the dsm.sys file   eg:

VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT  /var/spool/cron/crontabs

I also have the full path listed under domain in dsm.opt.

I have checked this directory,it does exist,ownership and permissions are all
ok so I am left wondering about the error message.
--
On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:17:56   Mark Dyer wrote:
On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:17:56   Mark Dyer wrote:
>Steven McNicholas wrote:
>>
>>  I have a directory "/var/spool/cron/crontabs" that I want to back up.
>>
>> I have placed this in the dsm.opt file under DOMAIN and in dsm.sys file
>> under VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT.
>>
>> What happens is that if I start the client session eg:dsmc,I get the
>> following error ...
>>
>> --ANS4931S File space /var/spool/cron/crontabs in System Options File is
>> invalid.
>> This File space is being ignored. Processing will attempt to continue.
>>
>> This directory is included the same way in all my other backup nodes and
>> works fine (AIX).
>> If I take away the virtual mount point option in dsm.sys then the error
>> message goes away.
>> Why is this ????
>>
>> Any insight appreciated.
>>
>Steven,
>
>Do you have "/var" specified as a VirtualMountPoint in dsm.sys?
>
>--
>Mark Dyer
>Systems Administrator               e-mail: mark.dyer AT fle.gmpt.gmeds DOT com
>Service Delivery - UNIX Team         voice: (810) 236-0373 [8-446]
>                                       fax: (810) 236-9290 [8-446]
>
>                     EDS North/West Region
>                     Mail Stop 485-184-110
>                     902 E. Hamilton Ave
>                     Flint, MI  48550

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com