ADSM-L

Multiple schedulers error

2015-10-04 17:53:22
Subject: Multiple schedulers error
From: Mathew Warren [mailto:MWarren AT TANDB.CO DOT UK]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello People,

I applied the 2.1.5.18 patches for ADSM, running on AIX4.2, RS6000 about
two weeks ago. Since then about two out of three backups for a node
called WGC15 are reported as failed with the following error;

09/23/1998 06:48:52  ANR2576W An attempt was made to update an event
record for
                      a scheduled operation which has already been
executed -
                      multiple client schedulers may be active for node
WGC15.

Checking WGC15 shows only 1 scheduler running.

So far, all I have done is stop-start the scheduler and this sometimes
cures it for the next night, but after that its back to 'normal'

The backup itself actually completes ok, the logs show all that should
backup was backed up.

I have been trying to think why this is happening and then last night it
happened on a completely different node, WGC20 and also WGC15.

The nodes are aix4.2 running Client 2.1.0.7

I thought I would poll your collective wisdoms before calling AIX.

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION **
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the
Intended Recipient")
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged
and confidential
within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination,
distribution, copying
or other use of this message or any of its contents by any person other
than the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is
strictly prohibited.

If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender and
dispose of this email
as soon as possible. If in doubt contact the Tibbett & Britten Group
Network Administration
Department on 01707 391010 (UK).