ADSM-L

Re: dsm.opt and dsm.sys options ....

1998-09-23 07:42:36
Subject: Re: dsm.opt and dsm.sys options ....
From: Steven McNicholas <ste_mc AT ZDNETMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:42:36 -0700
 I have a directory "/var/spool/cron/crontabs" that I want to back up.

I have placed this in the dsm.opt file under DOMAIN and in dsm.sys file under
VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT.

What happens is that if I start the client session eg:dsmc,I get the following
error ...

--ANS4931S File space /var/spool/cron/crontabs in System Options File is
invalid.
This File space is being ignored. Processing will attempt to continue.
This File space is being ignored. Processing will attempt to continue.

This directory is included the same way in all my other backup nodes and works
fine (AIX).
If I take away the virtual mount point option in dsm.sys then the error message
goes away.
Why is this ????

Any insight appreciated.

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:59:07   Dirk Kastens wrote:
>At 01:41 23.09.98 -0700, Steven McNicholas wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Could one of you ADM guru's out there please explain in a little detail the
>>differant options listed below.
>>I am confused with the use of these option.
>>
>>In dsm.opt
>>
>>Domain
>>
>>In dsm.sys
>>
>>VIRTUAlMOUNTPOINT
>>
>>What is the differance between these options and what are they used for.
>
>The DOMAIN option defines the (unix) filesystems (i.e. mount points) that
>should be included for backup, like /home, /usr, /usr/local a.s.o., or
>the logical drives in windows like C:, D:, a.s.o.
>If you only want to do incremental backups of some subdirectories, you
>can define these directories as virtual mountpoints and then include them
>into the DOMAIN, for instance:
>
>VIRUTALMOUNTPOINT /home/project1 /usr/local/lib
>DOMAIN /home/projekt1 /usr/local/lib
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de
>Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
>Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
>Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
>D-49069 Osnabrueck
>Germany

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com