ADSM-L

Re: DRM / backingup STG POOLS

1998-09-22 16:49:20
Subject: Re: DRM / backingup STG POOLS
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:49:20 -0700
It's a good idea to backup the tapepool just in case any large files
bypassed the diskpool and wrote directly to tape, or automatic migration
kicked in and some data was migrated from disk to tape before you ran
the backup diskpool.

Adsm remembers which files were backed up before migration, and doesn't
back them up again. The final backup of the tapepool only takes a few
seconds.