ADSM-L

DRM / backingup STG POOLS

1998-09-22 16:27:20
Subject: DRM / backingup STG POOLS
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT EDMS DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:27:20 -0500
I want to be sure here so it does not haunt me later.

Here is what we do:

Everyday we:   BACKUP STGPOOL  backupDISKpool copypool

then we:        migrate backupDISKpool to backupTAPEpool.

Now, do I need to backup the backupTAPEpool or not?  I figure not because
I have backedup the DISKpools before I migrated them to tape.
If I back up the primary tape pools, it would be redundent...right?

To check things, I ran a:   BACKUP STGPOOL backupTAPEpool copypool
and data moved.   Why?

ADSM is much smarter than I am, so I figure I must be doing something
wrong.  Or does ADSM not know that it already backedup the data from
the disk pools?

-Ben