ADSM-L

Re: move data question

1998-09-22 16:14:30
Subject: Re: move data question
From: "Jackson, Sandye" <Sandye.Jackson AT LATIMES DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:14:30 -0700
Dirk,
Are you trying to move data within the same pool?   For instance, we have
two tape pools,  the ONSITE Copypool and the OFFSITE Storage pool.  The
offsite tapes are marked 'offsite' and sent off for storage.  The
reclamation is done when an offsite tape drops below 50%.  ADSM will not
call for any of the tapes marked 'offsite' and will utilize the 'onsite'
copypool tapes to do the reclamation.  When the offsite tape shows a status
of 'Empty' we recall the tape.  Hope this helps.

Sandye J. Jackson