ADSM-L

Re: AIX Server Configurations -Reply -Reply

1998-09-22 10:07:35
Subject: Re: AIX Server Configurations -Reply -Reply
From: "Price, Robert R." <pricerr AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:07:35 -0400
Under normal operations, there are at most two drives in use on any one SCSI
card.  I ran some tests a while ago and I got the same throughput running
two streams through one SCSI versus two streams through two SCSI.  I expect
some degradation with three, though.

It may also depend on CPU speed.  We are using rather old 66MHz Sp2 nodes.