ADSM-L

Y2K Hiccup?

1998-09-22 09:12:07
Subject: Y2K Hiccup?
From: Mathew Warren <MWarren AT TANDB.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:12:07 +0100
Hello All,

We had a little hiccup with Y2K tests a couple of days ago that resulted
(maybe) in a little strange behaviour from ADSM.

ADSM was running quite happily (v2.1.5.18, AIX 4.2, RS6000). A Box on the
network was having some Y2K tests done on it and due to some simple oversight
(nobody realised that it was keeping all of the other RS6000's clocks in sync
with its own, apparently) When the date was set to 28/2/2000 23:45:00, all of
the other RS6000's suddenly decided to change there date too.n (Fun! Fun Fun!)

From what I remember this caused ADSM to lose its activity log records, event
status etc..

After a couple of days I noticed that the activity log retention had changed
from 14 days to 1 day. Nothing else seems to have been altered by the date
jump, just the actlogretention period.

We have only 1 live server at the moment that cant be bought down, I was
wondering if this is an effect that was known about or if anyone can reproduce
it.

Matthew.

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION **
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the Intended
Recipient")
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and
confidential
within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination,
distribution, copying
or other use of this message or any of its contents by any person other than
the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly
prohibited.

If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this email
as soon as possible. If in doubt contact the Tibbett & Britten Group Network
Administration
Department on 01707 391010 (UK).