ADSM-L

Re: WinNT restore - No Desktop

1998-09-18 19:31:14
Subject: Re: WinNT restore - No Desktop
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 17:31:14 -0600
     After you did the full restore of the production volume while running
     in the repair partition, did you copy the registry files in ADSM.sys
     to the registry location?  (WinNT\ . . .)? Then reboot to c:   I think
     I did a restore that worked using NT4 (no service pack) in the repair
     partition to restore NT4 on C: that did have the service pack3
     installed.  The Bare Metal Redbook says the repair partition must be a
     more recent or equal version to the version being restored.  eg
     "repair partition 3.51 NTLDR cannot be used to load a Win NT4.0
     system"

     Eric Lewis