ADSM-L

Re: registaring licenses

1998-09-18 17:28:51
Subject: Re: registaring licenses
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:28:51 -0700
Actually, I don't think it has to do with the date being set
to 1969. I believe that the licenses, as they are stored within
ADSM, are tied to the serial # of the motherboard. We experienced
a similar problem when we swapped motherboards several times on
an SP2 wide node. After swearing up and down to the ADSM support
person that, no, I hadn't made any changes to our configuration,
she mentioned hardware--at which point I realized that each time
I had lost my licenses had coincided with us rebooting the node
and replacing the motherboard.

This was under version 2, and I believe that we had to
remove a particular file, then re-register the licenses. I can't
offhand find any likely candidates in our version 3 server, but I
think you might find that the new CPU card is your culprit.