ADSM-L

Deleting MS-SQL backups

1998-09-18 16:13:30
Subject: Deleting MS-SQL backups
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:13:30 -0500
I've a user who is using the MS-SQL connect agent.  Works find from a
schedule and everything.  But getting rid of old copies is a problem.  the
user a\has sat at the keyboard and done a delete according to the
documentation, but when I do a Q OCC, the number never diminishes.  (I've
got the same problem with SQL-Backtrack, but that's for BMC.)  Has anyone
out there figured out a way to automate the deletion process that actually
gets rid of old copies?  Any help will be appreciated.