ADSM-L

WinNT restore - No Desktop

1998-09-18 15:08:01
Subject: WinNT restore - No Desktop
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:08:01 -0500
One of our NT workstations just had to go through a complete bare metal
restore.  Everything went well and when we rebooted everything came up as it
should EXCEPT:

The desktop was not the same:  No background, missing icons
Lotus Suite was not there
None of the Lotus products were listed under programs.

Someone suggested that the difference between the MS service pack level on
the recovery partition (service pack 1) and the service pack level on the
restored C: directory (service pack 3) was causing this problem.

Has anybody seen this.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we might
easily restore the Lotus stuff and the desktop?

As always - thanks for your help and suggestions.