ADSM-L

Problem with ADSMv3-Restore under WinNT

1998-09-18 13:36:51
Subject: Problem with ADSMv3-Restore under WinNT
From: Christoph Wagner <wagner AT GRZ DOT AT>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:36:51 +0100
Hello!

How can I restore a subdirectory branch with the ADSM-v3r1-NT-Client-Gui?

We are now using an ADSM-Server (MVS/V3R1) with a tape roboter.
By use of ADSM-BackupClient v2r1/NT you can use:
        "Restore by subdirectory branch"
        "Restore by file specification"
        "Restore by tree"

Now by use of v3r1-NT-Gui I must open every ordner which takes by use
of "view active and inactive files" a very long time! Maybe it´s a
configuration error on ADSM-Server(MVS)!

I must pick up all my files or search for them? If I want to search for
        inactive
files it takes a very long time (many hours)! How can I use the functions
        of
the ADSM-v2r1-NT-BackupClient?

Or how can I restore inactive files from another node on a special pick
        date
by use of the command line interface? I´ve tested it but I always get an
        error.

Thanks at all,

Christoph Wagner

GRZ Linz