ADSM-L

Waiting for tape mounts...

1998-09-18 09:43:04
Subject: Waiting for tape mounts...
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:43:04 +0200
Hi adsm'ers,

my server is waiting for a tape mount for 22000 seconds. I saw the correct
mount in acsls, but adsm was still waiting. I dismounted and tried to mount
acsls failed (volume in use), and adsm is still waiting. I reduced mounw
from 60 min (which have passed, anyway) to 2 min, adsm still waits. I tried
to cancel the process, what should I say - adsm is still waiting.

I'm afraid to kill dsmserv, because I have problems with restarting the
server (tcp port busy). Rebooting is totally unacceptable.

(Env: ADSM 3.1.1.3 on AIX 4.1.5, dlt7000 in stk9710 and acsls)

What should I do? Any ideas?

Regards

Roger Hohmann

WestLB