ADSM-L

Difference between archive and backup?!?

1998-09-18 03:31:03
Subject: Difference between archive and backup?!?
From: Henning Pedersen <pedershk AT NO.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:31:03 +0000
Hi folks!

I know that this sounds stupid - but I've never really endulged myself into the
intricacies of the ADSM Archive process. What exactly is Archiving - and how
does it differ from storing several versions of backup files and later
migrating these into long-term tape storage pools, using policy and management
classes?

Regards,
Henning Kilset Pedersen
IBM Global Services/Managed Operations IBM Account
Phone : +47-66815776      email : pedershk AT no.ibm DOT com