ADSM-L

Re: backup of NT profile

1998-09-17 15:52:34
Subject: Re: backup of NT profile
From: Joerg Bretz <JBretz AT AOL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 15:52:34 EDT
hi, dan,

there's a user logged on that machine and the current
ntuser.dat and ntuser.dat.log are in use by the system ...
so exclude these files, oder better the profile-path
\WINNT\Profiles\<loggedOnuser> to avoid getting error messages

but don't exclude the Administrator and DefaultUserProfile !!!!

Regards

joerg bretz
Landeszentralbank Hessen

> I am using ADSM to backup a NT server.  NTUSER.DAT and NTUSER.DAT.LOG >are
consistently missed and the backup is reported as a failure.  I know that this
is >not a problem with ADSM and it cannot backup those files because they are
open.

> What I would like to know is 1) how do I backup those files. 2) What happens
if I >have to do a restore and those files are not available.