ADSM-L

How to get Notes Agent Schedules to write to the Activity Log?

1998-09-17 10:42:45
Subject: How to get Notes Agent Schedules to write to the Activity Log?
From: Jonathan Walkup <JWalkup AT NAS DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:42:45 -0400
Hello all,

     This may be an easy one to answer.  I've got 8 NT Notes servers that
are doing nightly incremental backups to a 3.1.1.5 ADSM server (AIX).  Any
errors reported by the NT Backup/Archive client are sent to the server
activity log, but I can't get the Notes Agent backups to send their error
messages. I've tried ENABLE EVENTS to send all client events to the console
& actlog, but that didn't seem to help.  I'm thinking it's one of two
reasons:  1) the Notes Nodes are in a separate policy domain (unlikely) or
2) the Notes Connect Agent is still version 2 (most likely).  Anyone else
notice this behavior?  If it is #2, does anyone know if/when the connect
agents are going to be updated to v3?  Thanks,

Jon.
Jonathan Walkup
jwalkup AT nas DOT edu