ADSM-L

Re: Need reference for SELECT statement syntax

1998-09-16 23:43:43
Subject: Re: Need reference for SELECT statement syntax
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 23:43:43 -0400
The ADSM SQL Interface is a subset of the SQL92/93 standard;
EXCEPT, INTERSECT, UNION, and correlated subqueries are not
supported. And of course, only SELECT has been implemented.
(There are no SQL commands, hidden or otherwise, that you can
use to update the ADSM database.)

I'm not sure what DATEADD is, but I don't think it's a standard
SQL function. What in particular are you trying to do?

As far as references go, I found the following books very
useful both as learning tools and references:

* Bowman, Emerson, Darnovsky: The Practical SQL Handbook 3rd
  Edition (Addison Wesley)

* Taylor: SQL for Dummies 2nd Edition (IDG Books)

* Gruber: SQL Instant Reference (Sybex)

Obligatory legal notice: This list of titles does not constitute
an endorsement from IBM. I mention them because I personally found
them useful. Your mileage may vary.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Where can I find definitive reference material for supported functions
used in the SELECT statement syntax.  I'm especially interested in
functions for manipulating dates and need something beyond what CAST can
provide.  Is there anything like DATEADD?