ADSM-L

Re: Performance boost for Notes Connect Agent!

1998-09-16 12:03:05
Subject: Re: Performance boost for Notes Connect Agent!
From: Andreas Peikert <apeikert AT AMADEUS DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:03:05 +0100
> Does anyone know which setting would give me better
> backup performance?
>
> TCPNODELAY to YES
> or
> TXNBYTELIMIT to 25600

I think that TxnByteLimit does the job.

> And also setting the TCPWINDOWSIZE to the maximum of
> 2048 (currently set at 64) would this also improve
> performance but at what expense?

We have made the experience that 512 works fine, almost
the same as 2048 which just uses up more memory.

Note:
This is just the experience at our shop - and
without the LN Connect Agent. Just some basic
thoughts - Your mileage may vary.

Best regards

Andreas Peikert, Systems Programmer
   aMaDEUS Data Processing GmbH
   P.O. Box,   D-85424 Erding,   Germany
   Fon: +49 (0)8122 43-5805
   Fax: +49 (0)8122 43-3260
   email: apeikert AT amadeus DOT net

This note contains my private opinion and not
necessarily the opinion of my employer.
/*