ADSM-L

TCPBUFFSIZE and TCPWINDOWSIZE

1998-09-16 04:53:46
Subject: TCPBUFFSIZE and TCPWINDOWSIZE
From: "Cohn, Grant" <Grant.Cohn AT SAPREF DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:53:46 +0200
Greetings

We have recently moved one of our NT server clients to a site remote to
the ADSM server. The network link is not as fast as it used to be, with
the result that this NT servers backups fail every night with the error
:

                            ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection
failure.

I have been reading some of the parameters in the dsm.opt file and think
that TCPBUFFSIZE and TCPWINDOWSIZE may have to be changed. If have done
this on the client side (set them to 32 and 1000 respectively),
restarted the service and tried the backup - but with no luck.

Must I also change these settings on the server side??? (If so, where?)

Any other suggestions as to why this error is occurring??

We are running  AIX (4.1.5) ADSM Server Ver 2.1.5 and NT Client Version
2, Release 1, Level 0.6.

Many thanks

Grant Cohn

Shell & BP South African Petroleum Refineries
Durban, South Africa.
Tel     :   (+27)  (0)31 - 480 1610
e-mail :   grant .cohn AT sapref DOT com