ADSM-L

Re: UFSBACKUP/UFSRESTORE - Solaris 2.4

1998-09-15 14:55:51
Subject: Re: UFSBACKUP/UFSRESTORE - Solaris 2.4
From: Alan White <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:55:51 +0100
>     Excuse the ignorance, but if I want to just want to put in a new drive
>and restore the partitions and information and turn it into the boot drive,
>how or why would I use jumpstart (I don't want to restore the whole OS)?

Appears to be my ignorance that needs excusing, apologies - misread the
question, I thought you had to swap the drive, i.e. no space/connections to
add disk alongside existing one. The technique I described is for rebuilding
a machine, including OS from ADSM backups when the boot disk(s) have gone
west or someone/thing otherwise trashed the OS, when box has no CD, no tape
drive etc, etc...

Alan