ADSM-L

Netware Client 3.1.0.5 not releasing memory?

1998-09-15 15:47:36
Subject: Netware Client 3.1.0.5 not releasing memory?
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:47:36 -0600
     To the list:  Any clues?  thanks.  Eric Lewis UW-Madison
     eric.lewis AT doit.wisc DOT edu
     larry.schiebel AT doit.wisc DOT edu

     product:   Buckybackup (ADSM)
     platform:  Intel
     O S:       Netware 4.1
     impact:    3
     contact:   Eric Lewis
                doit nst 3-1652

     Running ADSM v3.1.0.5 on Netware 4.1 file servers.  When scheduled
     backups finish, they are not releasing the memory they use back to the
     file server cache buffer pool.  ADSM sessions are idle, waiting to be
     contacted by the ADSM server for the next day's backup, however,
     DSMC.NLM may be consuming upwards of 55 Mb of memory.  Unloading DSMC
     and reloading it will release the memory, which is now our temporary
     workaround.  The problem will otherwise repeat itself each day.  We
     have observed this on all ADSM v3 clients running on Netware 4.1.

     Thanks much...

     LS2