ADSM-L

Re: ADSM versus Arcserve and Backup Exec

2015-10-04 17:53:21
Subject: Re: ADSM versus Arcserve and Backup Exec
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi
What is most interesting about this topic is that there has yet to be a
reply from an IBM representative.
This is a common problem to which IBM has yet to offer a satisfactory
resolution.

To summarise the problem from my own experiences and that of messages in
this newsgroup:

ADSM restores are extremely slow when recovering a large number of small
files. This problem is particularly bad with Novell clients but is also true
for NT and UNIX. As this problem usually becomes apparent under the most
difficult circumstances; a disaster recovery, it is particularly worrying.

I am currently undertaking further tests on Novell and NT and would be most
interested to learn of others experiences too

Jason Warwick
Elsevier Science Ltd