ADSM-L

Re: UFSBACKUP/UFSRESTORE - Solaris 2.4

1998-09-15 11:38:45
Subject: Re: UFSBACKUP/UFSRESTORE - Solaris 2.4
From: Alain Ricois <Alain.Ricois AT IBESIS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:38:45 +0100
     The easiest way to that I think is not to use ADSM but a local tape
     drive

     backup each filesystem with ufsdump 0fu /dev/rmt/0n /dev/cxtxdxsx
     (name of disc slice)

     replace the disk

     boot from CD

     define new partitions with the "format" program

     restore each filesystem with "ufsrestore" program

     run "installboot"  to copy  the boot blocks to the new disk

     reboot the new  installed disk

     Hope this helps

     Alain