ADSM-L

Diaster Recovery..

1998-09-14 13:06:50
Subject: Diaster Recovery..
From: "Sinclair, Tony" <TJSinclair AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:06:50 -0700
Hello ADSM'ers

I sent out this request before but haven't seen any answeres either in
my e-mail or even on the list(which I find hard to believe no one has
run into my request for information), so I will put my request out again
in hopes that there are those of you in the ADSM world have the
help/information I am looking for.    Thanks in advance.

I have a request of those of you who are running ADSM V2 - V3 with DRM,
in a AIX and NT environments.  With your ADSM server AIX 4.2 and above.

I am looking for any and all information, step by step, have done it and
it works, Disaster Recovery information, don't do this, and don't forget
to do this !

We are currently putting together a DR test plan, and we have never had
the bad luck or opportunity to recover from a disaster(say a 747
dropping out of the sky and destroying our current site; oh yes ! we are
very close to an airport, one of Boeing's 747 plants), so I thought I
would contact the group and ask those of you who have already been
through a DR restore and recovery,  of not only your ADSM server, but a
total restore of a client node for a AIX 4.2 node and a NT client for
information and any possible step by step information for a restore at
the HOT SITE.

I have most but not all of my Prepare Plan documentation in place, and
am interested in the how's, what's and why's of the DRM process of the
Prepare Plan.

I understand that the Redbooks on the subject do cover it quit well, but
there is no accounting for actually doing it and making it through.

So if those of you that have gone through it and would like to share
your information, I would be greatly appreciative.  Thanks in advance
for your help...

Tony Sinclair
ADSM Admin.
Snohomish County PUD