ADSM-L

Vol's in Vol. History in DRM plan no longer exist.

1998-09-14 10:00:00
Subject: Vol's in Vol. History in DRM plan no longer exist.
From: Michael Richard <Michael_Richard AT COMPUWARE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:00:00 -0400
     Hello all:

     I have a question. I have ADSM 3.1.0.2 and am licensed for DRM. I
     switched from 3490e cart's to DLT and when I go through the DRM
     current plan in volume history I see the volsers of my 3490e cart's in
     STGNEW and STGREUSE  and STGDELETE status. However I have deleted all
     these volumes with the option to discard their data a month ago. I was
     going to do a delete volhistory command with a todate of when I
     switched over to DLT tape. My question is if I do this will it just
     delete the volhist on the volumes that I deleted and no longer use or
     will it delete the data that I moved over to the DLT tapes. Can
     someone confirm this for me.