ADSM-L

Re: DETACH tape from ADSM/VM 2.1 server

1998-09-14 09:41:24
Subject: Re: DETACH tape from ADSM/VM 2.1 server
From: Jim Bohnsack <BohnsackJA AT GVL.ESYS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:41:24 -0500
Thomas--If I understand you correctly, you want a tape to be kept
mounted until all of your backups are done rather than being dismounted
only to have to be remounted.  If that is the case, I think you need to
increase the MOUNTRetention= value for the DEVCLASS that your tapes are
in. To find out what your current MOUNTRetention is, issue a Q DEVCLASS
devclassname F=D.  The devclassname can be seen from a Q STG command.
Increase the MOUNTRetention value with the UPDATE DEVCLASS devclassname
CARTridge MOUNTRetention=some_bigger_number.

Just remember, tho, that the same MOUNTRetention value will be used for
other things such as reclamation where you may not want to wait as long.

Jim Bohnsack
Raytheon Systems Co.