ADSM-L

SunOS error: ANS4510E Error allocating semaphores ??

1998-09-14 08:08:19
Subject: SunOS error: ANS4510E Error allocating semaphores ??
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <Ole.H.Nielsen AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 14:08:19 +0200
For quite a while our ADSM V2R1 client running on SunOS 4.1.3
has been making a stupid error message, which I guess to be a
bug in the ADSM client:

# dsmc
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.8
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1997, All Rights Reserved.

dsmc> q vol
ANS4510E Error allocating semaphores.

---
This is for an ordinary user, for root there is no problem
This is for an ordinary user, for root there is no problem
with dsmc, but the graphical tool dsm still doesn't work.
So the backup client is completely useless :-(  Fortunately,
backups done by "root" are working OK.

This used to work with some earlier ADSM client version, and
the SunOS 4.1.3 server is in a frozen configuration, so I do
not think that the problem is due to OS changes (but who knows
for sure :-).

Does anyone know a workaround for this "semaphores" problem,
and perhaps the cause ?

Thanks a lot,
Ole H. Nielsen
Department of Physics, Building 307
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
E-mail: mailto:Ole.H.Nielsen AT fysik.dtu DOT dk
WWW URL: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/persons/ohnielse.html
Telephone: (+45) 45 25 31 87 / Telefax: (+45) 45 93 23 99