ADSM-L

DETACH tape from ADSM/VM 2.1 server

1998-09-13 11:42:16
Subject: DETACH tape from ADSM/VM 2.1 server
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE.CO DOT AT>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 16:42:16 +0100
Hi to all,
another "problem" which I would like to solve with your help.

I'm running ADSM/VM 2.1. Today I have set the maximum
file size of my backup storage pool. Files larger than 512MB
go directly to the next storage pool on tape (3590).
Unfortunately after a file has been written to tape the tape
drive is detached from ADSM and the tape is unloaded.

ADSM calls an exit machine to attach a tape. Is it possible
that ADSM calls this exit when the tape needs to be detached?
Or can I tell ADSM to detach the tape at the end of all scheduled
backup processes?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke.co DOT at
TEL:    ++43/5574/4991-251
FAX:    ++43/5574/4991-820-8251