ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:53:21
Backint gets it's parameters from a parameter file - usually
init<SID>.utl. There is a stanza at the end of this file used to define
the characteristics of the adsm server(s). In your case, the SERVER
entry is ADSM. You need an entry in /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.sys for
SERVERNAME ADSM with the proper IP address or hostname and any other
overrides -- usually for TCPWINDOWSIZE and TCPBUFFSIZE. It sounds like
this isn't present.

In my case, I used the default in dsm.sys --- servername localSrv. My
init<SID>.utl has a stanza for SERVER localSrv specifying management
classes and retentions.

Good luck -- it works well under SAP 3.1G, but we haven't looked at SAP
4.0 yet.

TomK