ADSM-L

tape handling

2015-10-04 17:53:21
Subject: tape handling
From: DeKlein, Fred [SMTP:Fred.DeKlein AT CAPGEMINI.CO DOT UK]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello all,
I would like some information regarding tape-handling of ADSM. We
started out a couple of month ago with approximately 200 tapes available
for storage pool and copy storage pool. Two Month ago we noticed we were
getting short of tapes, so we added another 30, which in a month time
also filled up, so last week we added another 30. Of these, in a week
time already 18 are used up.
We have a lot of tapes presently that have only 60% data on them, so
doing space reclaimation should give me some tapes back, but I have the
impression it is grabbing for scratch tapes rather than filling up tapes
that haven't reached their max-limit yet.
Does anyone experience the same thing???
Does anyone have a solution for this ???

Your help much appreciated

Fred de Klein
Work: 01234 333453
Email: fred.deklein AT capgemini.co DOT uk
            kleinf AT compuserve DOT com
            fred_de_klein AT yahoo DOT com