ADSM-L

Re: Solaris excludes

1998-09-11 03:49:26
Subject: Re: Solaris excludes
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:49:26 +0200
Hi Kelly!
About three days ago I posted the same question, also about the Solaris
client. I have found a 'feature'.
If you start excluding files for which a backup exists in the ADSM
storage, the file will be backed up during incremental backups
regardless of your exclude list!
I saw that, although I had exclude /data0007/.../* in my exclude list,
ADSM was still backing up data in /data0007/db/data during each
incremental.
Yesterday I issued a delete filespace nodename /data007 type=backup to
delete all backups for /data007 from the ADSM storage. Last night the
incremental backup just backed up the directories from /data0007, like
expected.
This looks like a bug in the Solaris client.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon