ADSM-L

Re: 3570/3575 autoclean

1998-09-10 18:11:56
Subject: Re: 3570/3575 autoclean
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:11:56 -0400
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Matt Cleland wrote:
> Hi Steve..
>
> What he was saying is that the *3570* libraries have a dedicated cleaning
> tape storage slot, which does not take one of the library slots.  Evidently,
> according to your testimony, the *3575* behaves differently.

Yes, I did miss the 3570 part.  The 3575 does NOT have a dedicated
cleaning tape storage slot.  It takes up one of the "normal" tape slots,
reducing the Library capacity by one.

> > The 3570 and 3575 autoclean feature does not interfere with ADSM.
> >  The 3570 has
> > > it's own slot for the cleaner that is not visible to ADSM, and
> > the 3575 hides
> > > the cleaners from ADSM.  I encourage you to always use
> > autocleaning if you have
> > > a library that supports it.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,