ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: 3570/3575 autoclean ?

1998-09-10 12:49:06
Subject: Re: Re[2]: 3570/3575 autoclean ?
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:49:06 -0500
Chris,

   You may be right.... Maybe we are "Lucky". The backups results are
checked on a daily basis and up to this point it has never been an issue.
Anybody else out there have any details on how this really works?

   I'm assuming the 3575 would not select the drive if it was being cleaned.
Who picks the drive? ADSM or the Magstar? Does ADSM just request a mount and
get "told" what drive it's in or does it request the mount to a specific
device? Never really thought about it before.

   Where did you read/hear about not using Autocleaning?

Curt Magura
CODA/I Support
301-240-6305