ADSM-L

SNA connectivity on WinNT - config ?

1998-09-10 09:43:11
Subject: SNA connectivity on WinNT - config ?
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:43:11 +0200
Hi,

Does anyone have documentation as to how the SNA configuration
on a WinNT machine works with ADSM.
According to the documentation in the readme.1st file that comes with
the latest WinNT PTF code the SNA connectivity takes place via the
Microsoft SNA client talking to a intermediate SNA server?
Is there any more info apart from the diagram that is supplied in this
file?

Also, what if you are using IBM comms server - are you still going
to have to talk to an intermediate NT server to have the SNA
connectivity.
Currently we have OS/2 machines talking SNA to our MVS system
without any hassles, but as soon as we start the ADSM session
on WinNT using the same parameters in the option file as with
OS/2 we get a Dr Watson error, and the gui dies.

Can somebody please give us some pointers or somewhere
where this is documented.

Thanks
Christo Heuer