ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT and HSM

1998-09-10 07:23:59
Subject: Re: Windows NT and HSM
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:23:59 +0200
Hi Adrian!
Not yet. Well... to be honest there is a product available from Eastman
Software called Open/Stor which is ported on the ADSM API, but my
opinion is that you shouldn't want this.
HSM has to be a function supported by the operating system.
Windows NT 5.0 will have a storage management API and ADSM development
is working on a HSM client for Windows NT 5.0.
The last thing I heard was that NT 5 was expected to be available 1st.
quarter 1999. My expectations are that you will have to wait a little
bit longer than that for the HSM client to become available.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon