ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli TEC Monitoring

1998-09-09 11:15:45
Subject: Re: Tivoli TEC Monitoring
From: Randy Larson <larsonr AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:15:45 -0400
I have seen this happen before. Just issue:
   END EVENTLOGGING TIVOLI
followed by
   BEGIN EVENTLOGGING TIVOLI
and the connection will be re-established.

Regards,       Randy
ADSM Services Team Leader
Storage Services Competency Center
IBM Global Services
Office: 336-721-4309 (T/L 431-4309)
Remote: 336-774-1487 (T/L 223-9901)
Internet: larsonr AT us.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 09/09/98 09:08:04 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:
Subject: Tivoli TEC Monitoring

ADSM V3 on NT Server 4.0 SP3.

Is anybody out there using Tivoli with ADSM?

We are using the new ADSM V3 functionality of sending ADSM events
directly to the TEC server by using the "begin eventlogging tivoli"
command.  This seems to work OK but whenever the TEC server goes
down/gets restarted etc., it also seems necessary to restart the ADSM
Server else we don't receive any more events.

Has anybody else encountered this problem or know of a solution?

Cheers

Phil

Phil Chissell
National Power plc
Windmill Hill Business Park
Whitehill Way
Swindon
Wilts. SN5 6PB
UK

Tel:  +44 (0)1793 894237
Fax: +44 (0)1793 894230
MailTo:Phil.Chissell AT natpower DOT com