ADSM-L

Re: ADSM dasd pool migration

2015-10-04 17:53:21
Subject: Re: ADSM dasd pool migration
From: Dwight Cook [SMTP:decook AT AMOCO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
     Nice to see I'm not alone...
     But just wait until you have all 50 clients in a media wait and your
     tape drives manage to clear the diskpool and you are watching about
     40-ish clients still in media wait with an EMPTY DISK POOL !
     Yes, I've had disk pools fill and all the inbound sessions call for
     tape mounts, then the migration processes clear the diskpool and there
     ain't no way to point those specific sessions back over to the
     diskpool.
     I even tried pointing my tapepool's "nextpool" over to my diskpool
     (yes, I removed diskpool's next of tapepool first) in hopes that when
     the next tape swap took place that the other jobs waiting on mounts
     might recalculate their needs and see they could go to a nice empty
     diskpool BUT NO!

     anyway, just adding my 2 cents worth

     later,
           Dwight