ADSM-L

Restore to another Machine

1998-09-09 02:11:06
Subject: Restore to another Machine
From: Shane <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:11:06 +1000
Hi,

Me again!!!!!

Now I have got two (2) OS/2 Warp 3.0 clients, each running ADSM V2.1

One box is PRODUCTION and the other box is BACKUP. I have setup the PRODUCTION
box to do an incremental backup on its F and G drives each evening at 8pm.

I would like to automate a restore of this data into the BACKUP box at 6am the
following morning. This backup and restore is to be an automatic daily
operation -  backup of PRODUCTION F & G drives at 8pm each evening, with a
restore of this data into the BACKUP box (onto its respective F and G drives)
at 6am the following morning.

I assume there are overriding options to allow the BACKUP box to accept the
data from the PRODUCTION box (ie I don't have to fiddle with nodename in the
BACKUP machines dsm.opt file?).

My ADSM server is an NT4.0 machine, running ADSM V3. I looked through the
manuals, but got terribly confused.

Is there an elegant solution to my dilema.

Regards
Shane