ADSM-L

Re: Exclude problem

1998-09-08 15:18:02
Subject: Re: Exclude problem
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 15:18:02 -0400
On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Thomas R Rhodes wrote:
> I have found in the past that    /* and /*.* is needed to exclude all files
> in a directory.  So if the files that are being backed up are xx.xx type
> files then add an other line that has /*.* at the end to exclude the dot
> files also.
>
> like   exclude /data0007/.../*
>          exclude /data0007/.../*.*      this should get all files in the
> data007  directory.

Not true in a unix environment.  It will exclude all files that have a "."
in them.  In unix, the /dir/.../* will get all files in all directories.
Even better in a V3 client is exclude.dir and exclude.fs.

Remember that the exclude/include syntax has different meanings on
different platforms.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,