ADSM-L

New Win32 v3 ptf5-refresh client.

1998-09-08 15:35:38
Subject: New Win32 v3 ptf5-refresh client.
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:35:38 -0600
     Hello Win Client Gurus:

     1)  Option set update:  (Win95)  Now the compress=yes and
     schedmode=prompted option set options govern the client . . . but the
     GUI client Edit->Preferences tabs still show compression=no and
     schedmode=polled.  I did verify that both the scheduler and GUI client
     do compress the files even though the preferences tab indicates that
     compression is "no".

     2)  NT Scheduler Service?? Where did the Scheduler Service
     Installation icon go?  First I entered:  dsmcutil REMove /name:"ADSM
     Central Scheduler Service" then I tried the
     dsmcutil INSTall /name:"ADSM Central Scheduler Service" /AUTOSTART:Yes
     /PASSWORD:xxxx
     command, the program replied:

     Installing ADSM Client Service
       Machine               :  node name
       Service Name          :  ADSM Central Scheduler Service
       Client Directory      :  C:\WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM\baclient
       Automatic Start       :  Yes
     CreateService: Win32 RC=1072

     Then I tried it again after logging off and logging on as
     Administrator and it did install.  But my personal logon has full
     administrative powers.  Anybody got a clue here?

     3)  Also, is it necessary to first remove the old version 3 scheduler
     service as I did do?

     Thanks.  Eric Lewis U of Wis-Madison eric.lewis AT doit.wisc DOT edu