ADSM-L

update volume using pattern matching fails

1998-09-08 11:43:58
Subject: update volume using pattern matching fails
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:43:58 -0400
Hello,
this was a problem with the L0.12 level of the server and is
described by apar IC16586. It is fixed at V2R1 L0.13.
However, if you are going to apply maintenance to your
adsm server then you might as well apply the latest level
of the server for V2 ( L0.18) or better yet migrate to V3.
Good day !

Rejean Larivee
ADSM Level 2 Support
-------------------------------
On the update volume command When I specify the volume name as *
On the update volume command When I specify the volume name as *
 or sw* (match all volumes which start with sw) I get
 message ANR2212I UPDATE VOLUME: No volumes updated.
 According to the example in the online help for this command this is legal.
 This looks like a bug that someone would have caught a long time ago, but
 I've not been able to find anything when searching the AIX fixes database
 and reviewing the change section of v2r1m0f18.README. I even checked the
 V3 Admin Ref manual to see if this is still legal and it shows it to be.

 Update volume does work if I specify the complete volume name, but then I
 have to update one volume at a time. Here's the output. Any ideas?

Session established with server ADSM: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.12

adsm> q vol * access=offsite stgpool=3590copy_pool status=empty

Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated  %Util   Volume
                          Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity          Status
                                                        (MB)
------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------  -----  --------
------
SW0046                    3590COPY_P-  3590TAPE          0.0    0.0   ESW0046
                 3590COPY_P-  3590TAPE          0.0    0.0   Empty
                           OOL
SW0074                    3590COPY_P-  3590TAPE          0.0    0.0   Empty
                           OOL
SW0079                    3590COPY_P-  3590TAPE          0.0    0.0   Empty
                           OOL
SW0123                    3590COPY_P-  3590TAPE          0.0    0.0   Empty
                           OOL
SW0125                    3590COPY_P-  3590TAPE          0.0    0.0   Empty
                           OOL
SW0131                    3590COPY_P-  3590TAPE          0.0    0.0   Empty
                           OOL
SW0168                    3590COPY_P-  3590TAPE          0.0    0.0   Empty
                           OOL

adsm> update volume * wherestatus=empty whereaccess=offsite wherestgpool=3590co
      py_pool access=readwrite
ANR2212I UPDATE VOLUME: No volumes updated.

adsm>