ADSM-L

Re: Microsoft Exchange Agent API

1998-09-08 11:02:05
Subject: Re: Microsoft Exchange Agent API
From: "Louie, James" <LouieJ AT NABISCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:02:05 -0400
We are currently switching to the ADSM agent after using and having lots of
trouble with Arcserve.  Arcserve does advertise the ability to restore
individual mailboxes, but what they don't tell you is that they do it in a
non-Microsoft supported way.  They totally circumvent the MS Exchange APIs.
The performance is terrible and the product as a whole has given us lots of
problems.

My opinion is to use the ADSM agents and wait till MS publishes API calls to
do single mailbox restoration (at which time hopefully IBM will add this
functionality into ADSM).

James Louie
Nabisco